Here are my notes from Nordic Ruby conference in Göteborg, Sweden.
I’d like to say big thanks to the organisers of the conference (especially CJ @cjkihlbom) – everything went really smooth, even though there’s been 150 people attending this year compared to 90 last year.
Some points that I’d really like to highlight are:
- a lot of time to meet people and discuss: 30 minutes talks followed by 30 minutes breaks, no q&a – those who had questions had an opportunity to talk to the speakers during the breaks
- venue was great (of course, the boat – there was enough space for everyone to move around, but at the same time it was compact enough not to get lost also everyone had an opportunity to have lunch and dinner together
- “job board” a huge white board where anyone can post information about open positions in their companies – it got filled withing firts few hours – job market is really hot
- lightning talks that any participant can give – 5 minute talks in the end of the day – it was really great
- real coffee espresso, latte, cappuccino, americano – you name it – professional baristas were at your service
- 5K Nordic Ruby run organised on the second day’s morning